PreVeil is seeking a results-driven product manager to overseeing and managing the lifecycle of product features from beginning to end. The selected candidate will work directly with the VP Product Management and other company teams to perform required duties.
To ensure success as a product manager, the selected candidate should exhibit experience in SaaS offerings, web-based user interfaces, mobile Apps, and B2B software solutions for enterprise, preferably in compliance/regulated, or cyber security use cases. The selected candidate should have exceptional cross-functional verbal, written, and documentation skills.
Product Manager duties and responsibilities
The Product Manager is responsible for the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition of a data security compliance product or product line. This role spans many types of activities, from strategic to tactical. A Product Manager provides cross-functional leadership and bridges organizational gaps between different functional groups, most often between engineering, marketing, sales, and support teams.
- Create product strategy and business requirement for new features or products
- Responsible for product vision and continuous improvement of features and/or products
- Define those products within detailed requirements documents used across functions
- Work across functions to ensure requirements are understood and clear enough for engineering to act upon
- Lead and obtain strategic buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate key messages and engage with many diverse functional stakeholders through the product lifecycle
- Helping with the planning to market and promote the product to the target market
- Comparing the company’s products to competitor’s products to assess competition in the market
- Providing management with product KPIs, analyses and responding to questions and requests from management
- Managing tradeoffs and priorities for optimal planning under resource constrained conditions
- Act as the subject matter expert during launches and provide support when needed
- Responsible for continuous improvement of product post-launch
- Track and prioritize feature and enhancement requests and incorporate them into product planning process.
We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic, and (mostly) remote environment. You’ll need to come equipped with the motivation, talent, and experience to make an impact:
- At least 2 years of experience in a product manager role, preferably in regulated or compliance-oriented markets
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment where requirements and tasks may shift quickly
- Experience creating detailed requirements documentation for software products/Apps
- Knowledgeable in SaaS, web-based and mobile software experiences
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting
- Desire to achieve business outcomes through user-centered, product-led business models.
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to build consensus.
- Quantitative acuity and the ability to interpret complex data and translate insight into action.
- Contagious energy and the intrinsic ability to inspire those around you in pursuit of success.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required (EE or CS)
MBA a plus
Prior startup experience a plus
Prior work in cybersecurity, or regulated B2B markets a plus.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.