PreVeil is seeking a results-driven UX designer to own the UX and UI aspects of PreVeil products from beginning to end. The selected candidate will work directly with the VP of Product Management and other internal company teams to perform required duties. The UX Designer will also communicate with users, customers, and partners to obtain usability feedback and data.
To ensure success as a UX designer, the selected candidate should exhibit proven experience creating designs in SaaS offerings, web-based user interfaces, Mobile Apps, and B2B software solutions for enterprise, preferably in cyber security use cases. The selected candidate should have exceptional usability, visual design, HCI, verbal, written, and communication skills.
UX designer duties and responsibilities
User Experience Designer is responsible for monitoring user experience and ensuring that PreVeil’s websites, software programs, Apps, and products are those that users love to use. Their duties include reviewing user feedback to determine potential defects or areas for clarity, working closely with other IT professionals, customers, users, and company teams to design, mockup, test, and guide user experience changes. Identify personas and perform usability tests when necessary, on software products or features to ensure functionality.
- Produce high-quality solutions through flow diagrams, graphic designs, storyboards, and site maps
- Understand product specifications and user psychology and predict what might work for both in storyboards, designs, and prototypes
- Define user interfaces within detailed requirements documents and design elements used across functions – including a design framework/style guide
- Lead and obtain strategic buy-in on UX decisions from internal and external stakeholders
- Provide guidance on the implementation of UX research techniques and testing activities to assess user behavior
- Identify target user groups and carry out interviews or other types of inquiry to help understand user needs
- Maintain a competitive edge against competitor products and industry trends
- Providing management with product KPIs, analyses and responding to questions and requests from management
- Responsible for continuous improvement of product usability
- Track and prioritize UX enhancements and UI defects and incorporate design aspects into product planning process.
We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic, and (mostly) remote environment. You’ll need to come equipped with the motivation, talent, and experience to make an impact:
- At least 3 years of experience in a hands-on UX design role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements and tasks may shift quickly
- Experience creating and delivering high-fidelity storyboards, prototypes, UI components, and mockups to Engineering teams
- Proficiency in industry tools like Adobe, Zeplin, Illustrator, Invision
- Experience designing UX/UI for both web and mobile app interfaces.
- Experience achieving business outcomes through user-centered, product-led business models.
- Attention to detail and mastery of information design
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to build consensus.
- Quantitative acuity and the ability to interpret complex data and translate insight into action.
- Contagious energy and the intrinsic ability to inspire those around you in pursuit of success.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- UX design related training/certification
- Prior startup experience
- Prior exposure to cybersecurity, B2B markets a plus
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.