VP of Engineering Job Description
- Lead, develop, coach and mentor the Engineering and Engineering Team Lead staff
- Understand and collaborate on complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Establish and maintain a high engineering bar with a rigorous, yet agile development
- Lead and assist with the recruitment of highly motivated and driven technology talent
- Be responsible for leading design and implementation of new features and iterations of our core platform
- Lead multiple teams that are focused on creating cutting edge products
- Develop processes to ensure quality and schedule standards are met and maintained.
- Maintain and optimize budgets to meet goals.
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience developing commercial grade software
- 5+ years of experience managing development teams
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering equivalent
- Successful track record growing and leading a team
- Strong technical background in both user-facing and systems software
- Understanding and experience of building highly scalable, highly available systems
- Strong people management skills, proven success in recruiting, developing, and motivating a high performing team.
- Startup experience and performing well in demanding situations
- Experience with mobile, desktop, web, and server development
- Experience developing distributed systems
- Experience with cybersecurity technologies