Last updated 09/24/2019
This Service Level Agreement (“SLA“) sets forth the support services and levels of service that will be provided by PreVeil for those Services described on an Order Form entered into between a Customer and PreVeil that expressly incorporates the terms of this SLA by reference.
- “Attributable Monthly Subscription Fee” means one-twelfth of the base annual fee for the Services.
- “Emergency Maintenance” means downtime of the Services outside of the Scheduled Maintenance Window hours that is required to complete the application of urgent patches or fixes, or to undertake other urgent maintenance activities. If Emergency Maintenance is required, PreVeil will promptly contact Customer and provide the expected start time of the Emergency Maintenance, its planned duration, and whether PreVeil expects the Services to be unavailable during the Emergency Maintenance.
- “Scheduled Maintenance Window” means the window during which scheduled maintenance of the Services may be performed, which may cause the Services to be unavailable. The Scheduled Maintenance Window occurs each Monday 8pm-10pm (EST) and Tuesday 5pm-7pm (EST) for North American based customers, and will not exceed three hours per calendar quarter. The Scheduled Maintenance Window may be modified by PreVeil from time to time upon written notice to Customer. Additional, non-impactful updates to the Services may be released periodically during the work week.
- “Service Credit” means the percentage of the Attributable Monthly Subscription Fees that is awarded to Customer for a validated claim related to breach of the SLA during that month.
- “System Availability” means the percentage of total time during which the Services are available to Customer, excluding the Scheduled Maintenance Window, Emergency Maintenance, and the other exclusions identified below.
Availability of Services
- Availability. The Services will be available to Customer with at least 99.9% System Availability during each calendar month.
- Remedy. If the System Availability is less than 99.9% during a calendar month, and if Customer has fulfilled all of its obligations under the Agreement and this SLA, Customer has the right to claim a Service Credit, to be applied to the month in which the failure to meet the required System Availability has occurred. The Service Credit will be calculated in accordance with the table below:
|% of Services Availability per Calendar Month
|< 99.9% to 99.5%
|<99.5% to 99.0%
General Terms Applicable to this SLA:
SLA Claims Generally
- Customer must notify PreVeil via email to [email protected] within five business days from the date of the incident Customer first believes entitles it to receive a remedy under the SLA requirements set forth above.
- For all claims subject to validation by PreVeil, PreVeil will use log files, database records, audit logs, and any other information available to validate claims and make a good faith judgment on the applicability of Service Credits to the incident. PreVeil will make information used to validate a SLA claim available for auditing by Customer at Customer’s request.
- The remedies set forth herein represent Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for PreVeil’s failure to meet the Services availability required by this SLA.
- The maximum credit Customer is entitled to receive in any given month is calculated against the Attributable Monthly Subscription Fee for the Services.
- Subject to the below regarding an event of non-renewal, Service Credits will be redeemed at the time a subscription term is renewed. Upon Customer’s renewal, Service Credits earned by Customer under this SLA will be applied against amounts due for the renewal subscription term. In no event will the Service Credits applied to the fees due for the renewal subscription term exceed the amounts due for that subscription term. If Service Credits cannot be applied to future subscription terms because the Order Form has expired or been terminated, PreVeil will promptly pay Customer the amount of the credit, except that Customer will not receive a refund if PreVeil terminated the Order Form for Customer’s material uncured breach.
- Customer will not have any remedies under this SLA in connection with any Force Majeure event as set forth in the Agreement.
- Customer will not have any remedies under this SLA to the extent a Service Credit claim is due to: (A) use of the Services outside the scope described in the Agreement and any documentation made available by PreVeil related to the Services (“Documentation“); (B) Customer equipment, software or other technology (“Customer Equipment“) or third party equipment, software or other technology outside of PreVeil data center and not under the direct control of PreVeil (e.g., local ISPs employed by Customer) (“Third Party Equipment“); (C) any changes to Customer Equipment or Third Party Equipment that are not made or directed to be made by PreVeil (e.g., installation of software or a configuration change on a Customer device); (D) initial configuration of the Services or any subsequent failure of Customer to meet the configuration requirements for Customer Equipment set forth in the Documentation; (E) any actions or inactions of Customer or any other third party not under the direct control of PreVeil; or (F) attacks (i.e. hacks, denial of service attacks, malicious introduction of viruses and disabling devices) caused by third parties.
PreVeil will provide support services to assist Customer in resolving Issues (“Support Services“). Support Services do not include: (a) physical installation of the PreVeil software and any Documentation; (b) visits to Customer’s site; (c) any professional services associated with the Services, including, without limitation, any custom development, data modeling, training and knowledge transfer; or (d) the set-up, configuration and use of the Services.
Support Case Prioritization:
Any issues reported by Customer to PreVeil and accepted by the PreVeil support team will be classified as an Issue or a Request and assigned a priority. The following priorities and their meanings are used herein:
- Level 1 – Business Critical: An Issue that renders the Services completely inoperative for all users.
- Level 2 – Degraded Service: An Issue that materially impairs substantial features of the Services for many users; no reasonable workaround is available.
- Level 3 – General Issue: An Issue that impairs a feature of the Services for a few users; a reasonable workaround is available.
PreVeil will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide an acknowledgement of a reported Issue to Customer and respond within the target time frames specified below (“Response“). The Response will include the priority assigned to the case, any actions taken, immediate resolution if available, and any escalation plans.
|Hours of Operation
||9 AM – 5 PM EST
Monday – Friday
|Support Access Method
|Support Response Method
|Number of Support Requests
Level 1 – Urgent
Level 2 – High
Level 3 – Normal
|Target Response Time
Within 1 business hour
Within 4 business hours
Within 8 business hours
Customers may also purchase the ability to reach PreVeil support outside the standard business hours of operation referenced above. Please contact [email protected] to learn more.